Tuesday, August 3, 2010

I finally have my blog up

So I have been in beautiful Cali for a little over 2 weeks and I have finally gotten my blog up and running.  It is still a work in progress but it is up!  I don't really know what I am doing so bare with me.  

The drive out to CA was long and a little rough but thanks to my amazing aunt Val I got here in one piece.  While in the process of the move I decided that it would be a good idea to climb around on my furniture to rearrange so that it wouldn't shift during the drive. Well to get to the furniture I decided it would be a good idea to stand on a particle board shelf and well I fell through it and dislocated my pinkie toe... OUCH!  I had a few more hassles with the Penske people (they are cheap but have REALLY bad customer service).  We only drove 4 hours the first day, but made up time on the second by driving 16 hours (we crossed a couple of time zones and gained 2 hours plus woke up at 4am), and the third day drove 5 more hours.  Arrived at 1pm on Friday and then got to wait for movers only to fire the ones I set up and hire some guys who were on site and available.  After a very long day of standing we finally got to drive over to my aunt Barbara's house (where I am staying) and had a wonderful dinner.

I am now working at a fabulous organization called Casa de Amma, which is a residential facility for special need young adults, and I LOVE it!  I am starting my third week and can not wait to get back to work.  I'm still looking for an apartment, something that is within my budget, which gets a little bit tricky in this area, but I have faith.  Plus since I have switched to a non-stressful job I am thinking of finding another very part-time job so that I can have some mad money.  I miss my TX family & friends dearly, but am so excited to see what is around the next corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment