Monday, November 8, 2010

Three's Company Part 1

Well once again it has been forever since my last post... forgive me please. 

Many have asked about the housewarming and for pics of it as well as the apt.  I am sad to say I did not end up taking a single picture of the party, but it was a blast.  As for the apartment I would like to dedicate this entry to giving you a tour of my new home!

First this is our front door, welcome wreath and all,  it has a private entrance that is a nice bonus makes you feel less crowded cause lets be real in Cali all the building are REALLY close together. 



Chloe says "Come on in lets get started!"



To the left is our dinning room and kitchen.  Excuse the alligator toy in the middle of the floor. Chloe likes to make sure she has a toy in every room for easy access.


We have a double sided fireplace and on the kitchen side the mantel has Aliah's Miniture collection. Unfortunately you can't see the antique Kansas car liscense plate that says GDOLDAZ for "good ole days".  At first when Aliah asked if I knew what it said my brain kept trying to make it way Godzilla but I couldn't figure out what the extra D was for.


Let's take a closer look at our beautiful kitchen that has a gas stove/oven that I LOVE i'm not sure if I will ever be able to go back to electric. Also there is TONs of counter space that is wonderful for all my baking projects and tons of cabinets to store all sorts of stuff.

Next up lets turn the corner to the living room we have what Javi calls the totem pole book shelf that each one of us has a little cubby to put stuff in and then a little place that houses the mail and dog stuff.



Top is Aliah with Papaya's cause that how she teaches you to say her name, "Aliah like Papaya".  Next my favorite pic of my dad when he was little boy and on a horse along with an owl candle. Then there is Javi's cubby with an autographed picture of Madonna and a Cher mug where we keep quarters.


Here is the living room. Awww look we have interupted Chloe and Sequia having fun playing together they are such sweet friends and have a hard time deciding who is the dominant one.



This side of the fireplace the mantel is dedicated to all my Kenya stuff, I love that painting! And yes that is one of those easy to light firelogs cause the only way I know how to start a fire is toilet paper doused with diesel and I don't think the apt complex would appriciate that too much.


Next up is the hallway and I had to have some place to out my adorable apron



 This is my bed room.  I am still trying to find a new bedspread since I have had this one since sophmore year of college, andI finally found one that I love, but now I have no money to spend.  I will update when I finally get something new! Yup that is the awesome kitchen table that was in my duplex and it is now my desk.


This is the hallway that leads to the bathroom, hall closet, laundry room, Javi's room and Aliah's room.  We won't be stopping in those rooms because I have not asked permission to take pics of them, but take my word for it they are pretty great as well.


Unlike my last couple of places this place has tons of storage and with three people living in it we still have some empty places.  Although one of those above cabinets now belongs to our friend Shannon who comes and stays with us on the weekends so she doesn't always have to transport her stuff back and forth.

Oh and I also wanted to highlight a piece of Javi's artwork that I absolutely love. Javi did this in a High School art classes and it is torn pieces of magazines that he put together.  It is beautiful in person and this pic does not do it justice.


That is my new home and it is so much fun! It is filled with lots of love and laughter and I could not be more thankful to both of my amazing roomies, who in Three's Company Part 2 I will be interviewing and introducing you to. 

3 comments:

  1. Love it and love you! Wish I could come see it in person and hang out with you but I am so happy for you and where you are in life right now

    ReplyDelete
  2. Come and knock on our door. we've been waiting for you!

    yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. good blog post!! love the apt... it is nice! :) glad chloe has a friend!

    ReplyDelete